$1.9 Million Settlement
Marshall Bluth secured a $1.9 million settlement for a woman just as jury selection was about to begin. The client suffered serious injuries when she was struck head-on by a drunk driver.
The client suffered trauma to her knees that developed into complex regional pain syndrome, a neurological disorder that causes skin sensitivity, discoloration, and enormous pain. The client underwent multiple surgeries, including the implantation of a battery-controlled nerve stimulator in an attempt to control the pain.
The defendant dealership argued that since the driver was drunk and the accident occurred on his day off in New Jersey, it could not be responsible for the cause of this accident.The trial court disagreed, and plaintiff successfully defeated defendant's appeal.
"Although the defendants tried to avoid responsibility for this accident, we refused to give up and fought them aggressively to the very end. My client's life was forever changed due to a drunk driver. I am very gratified that I was able to obtain this very satisfying result for my client who not only suffered terrible injuries, but was caused great emotional harm as well," said Mr. Bluth.
Marshall Bluth recovered more than $2 million for a client who suffered a work related injury when a window fell on her as she attempted to close it. The client had neck and shoulder surgery, and was unable to return to work.
The window was cleaned by a company just weeks before the incident, and Marshall succeeded in recovering a favorable settlement from both the window cleaner and window manufacturer.
Other Settlements and Verdicts
- $800,000 jury verdict. Marshall recently obtained a jury verdict in Queens in the amount of $800,000 for a client who suffered neck and back injuries in a car accident. The client, a cab driver, received physical therapy and claimed he had to change jobs because of his injuries. This was his third accident.
- $1,300,000 settlement for a passenger in a motor vehicle that lost control on a highway and suffered concussion, fractures of the wrist and leg, tear of the calf requiring surgery, and claimed traumatic brain injury
- $1,000,000 settlement for worker who suffered crush fracture injury to hand while dismantling a commercial textile oven. We filed suit alleging violation of the Labor Law and settled prior to trial.
- $850,000 settlement for a construction worker who fell from a ladder while installing sheetrock and suffered a fractured leg requiring surgery with external fixation
- $700,000 settlement for a construction worker who was struck by a falling air conditioner duct while removing it from a ceiling, requiring knee and shoulder surgeries
- $100,000 award for a motorist hit in the rear by uninsured motorist, suffering a shoulder injury that required surgery; the client rejected the insurance company's offer of $15,000 and proceeded with arbitration
- $125,000 settlement for a client who tripped and fell while entering a mis-leveled elevator, suffering a herniated disc
- $500,000 settlement for a construction worker struck by a collapsed ceiling while removing a wall, suffering a herniated disc
- $500,000 settlement for a construction worker who tripped on loose metal pipes and suffered a knee injury requiring two surgeries
- $350,000 settlement for a Court Officer trips over a misleveled elevator and fractures her wrist requiring surgery
- Two teenage passengers injured when the driver of the motor vehicle fell asleep and crashed into a concrete support column resulting in multiple fractures-settles with insurance carrier for $400,000 (policy limits) and an additional $200,000 with City of New York for highway design defect in failing to construct a guide rail
- $425,000 settlement for a 60 year old pedestrian struck by passing motorist while crossing a street, suffering a fractured hip requiring surgery
- $250,000 settlement for a client who slipped on ice and fractured an ankle requiring surgery
- $475,000 settlement for a 65 year old client who tripped on a broken marble staircase in the entrance to the apartment building where she lived, suffering a fractured clavicle requiring surgery
- $135,000 settlement for a four year old student at a pre-school who suffered a burn on her wrist and hand during a cooking demonstration
- $223,000 settlement for a 25 year old who slipped on ice while walking down an exterior staircase, suffering a fractured ankle requiring surgery
- $150,000 settlement for a 60 year old who fell inside elevator that suddenly descended rapidly and came to an abrupt stop, suffering a herniated disc
- $220,000 settlement for a 40 year old client in a motor vehicle accident, suffering chest pain requiring hospitalization
Results vary depending on the specific facts in each case. We make no promises or guarantees regarding the facts or potential outcome of your particular case. Names have been withheld to respect the rights and privacy of the parties involved.
This website contains attorney advertising. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters, and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. A signed retainer agreement is necessary before we will represent you in any case. All cases are different and past successes are no guarantee of a future recovery. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.